Just so you don't think I'm insane (although this isn't proof I'm not), the first 3 references are from my dreams again. And while Odd John may well be right that I already know on a subconscious level what my bizarre dreams mean, trust me it's pretty well buried. I wish he would just tell me and cut the suspense!
When I asked the rhetorical question yesterday about the nights possible dreams I never guessed that they would be even more bizarre.
I also believe that there was a fourth element to last nights wackiness that I couldn't hold onto into wakefulness, and maybe that was the relevant part. I don't know. What I do know is that when I dream like this I inevitably wake up feeling stressed. Who wouldn't I suppose? I seen the dead goats, and I was somehow responsible for hiding them from my grandchildren.
Hmmm? I wonder if that's a clue, eh John?
And before you say it Elly, no I never saw the goats! I seen them! Same way as I seen everything else I seen!
The flooding thing is a recurring theme which usually involves my place of residence, although the place is not recognizable as any place I have ever actually lived. It also usually involves water coming from, and/or returning to, underground sources as opposed to from the skies. There always seems to be significant danger of people and things disappearing into these death traps.
Maybe tonite I should make a decision what to dream about. I seem to recall reading that some people think it's possible to make this determination up front.. Maybe I could dream about finishing an ironman in Mont Tremblant?? Or would that be a fantasy as opposed to a dream?
The last reference in my title is exactly what it sounds like. I knew even before I headed out for my 7 to 10 km run that it was in some doubt. I kept an open mind, but I was still pretty tentative. There is still lots of doubt as to whether my HRM can capture this arrhythmia I told you about. but with each passing day I'm more confident that it does.
I couldn't get it to settle down either before or during the run, and for once I used common sense and just walked. The beauty of that decision is that I can try again tomorrow. Normally I never allow myself two running days in a row but today's effort doesn't count.
And not that this is proof of anything either, but just out of curiosity I wore the HRM for 5 hours this afternoon. It never went up once!!!
And other than the lame run, I had a pretty good day. I think as the hours wore on I probably started feeling grateful that my dreams are just my dreams. No goats, no dogs, and no floods. And of course yesterday, is always yesterday. Gone!!
walk/run 7 kms
"But that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone"---Chad Stuart of Chad and Jeremy
"Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away"---Paul McCartney
The interpretation of dreams is the royal road to a knowledge of the unconscious activities of the mind."---Sigmund Freud
Love
Peter
When I asked the rhetorical question yesterday about the nights possible dreams I never guessed that they would be even more bizarre.
I also believe that there was a fourth element to last nights wackiness that I couldn't hold onto into wakefulness, and maybe that was the relevant part. I don't know. What I do know is that when I dream like this I inevitably wake up feeling stressed. Who wouldn't I suppose? I seen the dead goats, and I was somehow responsible for hiding them from my grandchildren.
Hmmm? I wonder if that's a clue, eh John?
And before you say it Elly, no I never saw the goats! I seen them! Same way as I seen everything else I seen!
The flooding thing is a recurring theme which usually involves my place of residence, although the place is not recognizable as any place I have ever actually lived. It also usually involves water coming from, and/or returning to, underground sources as opposed to from the skies. There always seems to be significant danger of people and things disappearing into these death traps.
Maybe tonite I should make a decision what to dream about. I seem to recall reading that some people think it's possible to make this determination up front.. Maybe I could dream about finishing an ironman in Mont Tremblant?? Or would that be a fantasy as opposed to a dream?
The last reference in my title is exactly what it sounds like. I knew even before I headed out for my 7 to 10 km run that it was in some doubt. I kept an open mind, but I was still pretty tentative. There is still lots of doubt as to whether my HRM can capture this arrhythmia I told you about. but with each passing day I'm more confident that it does.
I couldn't get it to settle down either before or during the run, and for once I used common sense and just walked. The beauty of that decision is that I can try again tomorrow. Normally I never allow myself two running days in a row but today's effort doesn't count.
And not that this is proof of anything either, but just out of curiosity I wore the HRM for 5 hours this afternoon. It never went up once!!!
And other than the lame run, I had a pretty good day. I think as the hours wore on I probably started feeling grateful that my dreams are just my dreams. No goats, no dogs, and no floods. And of course yesterday, is always yesterday. Gone!!
walk/run 7 kms
"But that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone"---Chad Stuart of Chad and Jeremy
"Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away"---Paul McCartney
The interpretation of dreams is the royal road to a knowledge of the unconscious activities of the mind."---Sigmund Freud
Love
Peter
No comments:
Post a Comment